Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Degree: Candidate of Technical Sciences
Academic title: Full Professor
Position: Professor of the Department “Metallurgy, Materials Science and Nanotechnologies”
Vitaliy Kulikov, born on December 3, 1975 in Karaganda region of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Russian, higher education, graduated with honors from Karaganda State Technical University in 1998 with a specialty in Machines and Technology of Foundry.
Specialist in metallurgy, nanotechnologies and materials science.
Between 1998 and 2000, he studied at Karaganda State Technical University with a degree in “Machines and Technology of Foundry,” which he graduated with honors.
From 2001 to 2003 he worked as a replacement master of the foundry of closed joint stock company “Karaganda Machine-Building Plant named after Parkhomenko,” in 2004 he was transferred to the position of technologist of the foundry of closed joint stock company “KMP named after Parkhomenko,” acting as the head of the foundry. Production activity combined with pedagogical work for 0.5 rates of teacher.
From 2002 to 2004, he studied at the Post-Graduate School of Karaganda State Technical University, majoring in Foundry.
From 2001 to 2008 Kulikov V. Yu – Assistant, Lecturer, Senior Teacher of the Department “Machines and Technology, Foundry and Structural Materials,” since 2008 Associate Professor of the Department “Metallurgy, Material Science of Nanotechnologies” of Karaganda State Technical University. In 2009 he was appointed Acting Head of the Department of Metallurgy, Materials Science and Nanotechnologies (MMiN) of Karaganda State Technical University. In July 2010 he was elected by competition to the position of Head of the Department of MMiN. In 2014-2015 – Scientific Head of the International Center for Materials Science. In 2016 – Head of the Department of Nanotechnologies and Metallurgy.
On November 30, 2007, he defended his thesis for the degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences in the specialty 05.16.08 – Theory of Metallurgical Processes on the topic “Development of Models of Dispersed Sand-Resin Mixture for the Purpose of Operational Management of its Structure.”
The result was increased uniformity of density and increased strength of the shell mold from both the plated and non-plated mixture.
The main direction of scientific research of Kulikov V. Yu is the development of models of dispersed media with simultaneous static and thermal loading. Kulikov V. Yu for the first time began to use non-stationary load in processes of formation of sand-resin mixtures.
Kulikov V. Yu has developed a computer program simulating processes that allow to determine optimal technological parameters of sand-resin molds, and is used in the educational process and in engineering calculations; and the developed technology for making cast sand-resin molds allows to obtain castings with high dimensional accuracy and surface purity. The technology is used at KMP Parkhomenko LLP (Karaganda).
Kulikov V. Yu took part in carrying out proactive and risky scientific research and development over the last five years on the following topics:
- Development of technology for production of nanostructured materials with specified mechanical properties (contract with the MES KR, responsible contractor, funding volume of 5 million tenge);
- Physical and mathematical modeling of three-phase heterogeneous medium (initiative, performer);
- Development of technology for production of nanostructured metal products by the method of combining processes of billets casting and punching in equal-channel stepped matrices (contract with JSC “Science Fund,” executor, 19.1 million tenge);
- Increase of corrosion resistance of metals by application of coatings from galloisite nanotubes (contract with JSC “NATR,” responsible contractor, 19.5 million tenge);
- “Development of the technology of production of complex castings during casting according to gasified models” (agreement with the MES KN, scientific leader, 13.2 million tenge);
- “Development of mathematical and computer models of sand-resin molds for production of castings of responsible purpose” (contract with the MES KR, responsible executor, 14 million tenge);
- “Creation of the Center of Heat Resistant Materials for Aviation and Space Name of Industry Topic” (contract with the MES KN, responsible contractor, 130 million tenge);
- “Development of technology” Sintering – casting “for production of products of powder metallurgy of increased quality and with high heat-resistant properties” (contract with KN MES RK, responsible contractor, 17 million tenge);
- “Metallographic and petrographic studies of samples of high-ash coal of the section” Kouoka “(the agreement with LLP” Karaganda Plant of Complex Alloys “№ 17.12.02 dated 01.12.2017, 15 million tenge, executor).
Kulikov V.Yu was the Chief Researcher of the first Project on Commercialization in KSTU “Increasing Corrosion Resistance of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals by Using Galluazite Nanotubes” (Agreement with JSC “Science Foundation,” № 291 dated 23.12.2016, 150 million tenge).
Currently he is the head of the topic “Development and implementation of production of sand-resin molds under non-stationary pressure in order to improve the quality of finished products m” (Contract with KN MES RK № 198-6 dated March 16, 2018, financing for three years 27.2 million tenge), Responsible performer of the topic “Creation, development and implementation of technologies of production and processing of wear-resistant materials of the new generation for obtaining parts of metallurgical units” (Contract with the MES KN No. 217 dated March 20, 2018, 170 million tenge); Executor of topics “Improvement of technology of manufacturing of precision castings from complex alloyed steels with homogenized structure and improved properties using raw materials of Kazakhstan content” (Contract with KN MES RK № 198-7 dated March 16, 2017, KZT 24.2 million tenge).
The results of these studies were put into production at “Maker” LLP, a branch of “Kazakhmys Corporation” and “Parkhomenko KMP” LLP.
Kulikov V.Y. has more than 400 printed scientific and methodical works, including co-author of 35 educational manuals and 12 monographs, 20 articles in “Metals” magazines (Switzerland, impact factor CA 2,221), “Metalurgija” (Croatia, impact factor Scopus 0.388), etc., author of 40 inventions, which received patents and pre-patents of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Eurasian patent, participated in more than 20 international conferences held in Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine and Poland, Czech Republic, published 35 articles in the leading scientific publications of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
A number of patents have been implemented at KMZ Parkhomenko LLP, Karaganda Machine-Building Consortium LLP, Temir-Arka LLP, etc.
It has H-Index 5 in Scopus base, 4 in Clarivate Analytes base, 7 in Russian Scientific Citation Index base.
10 certificates of intellectual property have been obtained.
In February 2013, he was elected a full member of the International Academy of Informatization.
In June 2017 Kulikov V. Yu was awarded the academic title of full professor in the direction “Metallurgy.”
Scientific works of students under the leadership of Kulikov V. Yu were twice awarded prize-winning places in the Republican competition of student scientific works (Mokina P.A., Kacanov Yu.N.).
In 2017-2019 under the scientific direction of Kulikov V. Yu defended 18 magistrates in the direction Nanotechnologies in metallurgy, trained to solve specific problems of enterprises implementing ГПИИР-2. At present he is the head of the 9 of magistrates and the scientific consultant of one doctoral student.
In 2009, 2014 Kulikov V.Yu was awarded the state grant “The best teacher of the university” and as part of the implementation of the grant he held internships at the Moscow State Open University (Russia) and Louisiana Technical University (USA) on the organization of the educational process and the functioning of the laboratory on nanotechnologies. V.Yu. Kulikov also passed scientific training in 2009 and 2018 in the St. Petersburg state polytechnical university (St. Petersburg, Russia), in 2011 at the University of Lorraine (Nancy, France), in 2013 in JSC Lidavia (Prague, the Czech Republic), in 2014 in NI TPU (Tomsk, Russia), in 2016 University of Pittsburgh and university of Albany (USA).
He is a member of the organizing committee of the annual International Scientific Technical Conference “FOUNDRY,” held in Pleven, Bulgaria.
In 2019 he became the winner of the state scientific scholarship and the winner of the contest “Zamandas” in the nomination “Kulibin among us”.
Work phone: 8 (7212) 567841
Internal phone number: 1024
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Технология литья, ОМД и сварки
2. Снижение количества вредных выбросов на рабочем месте при производстве оболочковых форм.
3. Реологические модели дисперсной песчано-смоляной смеси в условиях чистого сжатия и сдвига.
4. Исследование процесса повышения плотности и прочности дисперсной среды с использованием легкоплавкого связующего.
5. Конструкциялық материалдар технологиясы және материалтану
6. Материаловедение и технология конструкционных материалов
7. Новые материалы
8. Новые технологические процессы в металлургии
9. Новые подходы к оценке прочности материалов
10. Механические свойства материалов